Ilife Download for Mac 10.6 8 Updated

Ilife Download for Mac 10.6 8

Hullo !

- Bought iPhoto on the Mac App Shop a few months ago
- Did a clean install of 10.6.eight today.
- Tried to install newest iPhoto version. --> This failed, because the latest iPhoto needs at least 10.vii.4

How do I go a working version of iPhoto for 10.vi.8 ?

No, I don't have a fill-in of my application folder. (Because the Mac App Shop conspicuously states, that "apps can be re-downloaded at whatever fourth dimension without additional costs")
No, I don't take any other Macs with an older iPhoto version.
No, updating to King of beasts is not an pick for me.

Thanks,
Michael

If your Mac shipped with Snow Leopard, iLife should be available on the Applications Install disc that came with the Mac. In-box discs are machine-specific and are gray in color.

Alternatively, practise you take a friend with a Mac with Lion that you could log into the App Store nether your business relationship, download iPhoto, and copy information technology over to your Snow Leopard Mac? I assume that would work, since y'all'd exist downloading it in your name and transferring it, kind of like how transferring purchases used to work in iTunes.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.

Even if I could get my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.iii): It would not work with 10.6.viii. The system requirements conspicuously state that it needs 10.7.4.

The old version (v9.2.three) that worked on Snow Leopard, is non available anymore and the Mac App Store Support is not able (or willing) to provide me with that item version.

Wow, I'm stumped. After reviewing Apple tree's site, it seems you are correct. I'm kind of surprised that Apple won't give you the version uniform with your system. It gets really frustrating especially since Apple tree will release updates cut off compatibility with older systems (i.e., iWork '09 was initially uniform with PPC and Tiger/Leopard, but but in the pre 9.1 updates). It tin get extremely confusing. Information technology doesn't seem fair that you bought it when it was compatible with Snow Leopard and now the just reason you can't access it is because they decided cut you off with an update. ix.2.3 was released in March of this twelvemonth, less than 3 months ago, and nine.3 was only last week!

Merely then again, Apple tree isn't exactly fond of supporting "legacy" systems.

The just solution I can call back of, which isn't a very practiced solution, is to become a retail disc of iLife 'xi and update manually to 9.2.iii.

Lamentable, wish I could help more. :(

An alternative way for you to get iPhoto 9.2.three is to download the updater. The updater is the full app just does crave a previous eligible version to exist installed. To go around this, use Pacifist to install information technology.

Notation for future: always keep a backup!

Final edited:

I followed upwards with the Mac App Shop Support.
They answered again with the aforementioned info: "Unfortunately, the version offered in the Mac App Store volition require King of beasts, which yous will demand to redownload in order to have the apps part properly. Your apps volition simply piece of work for ten.7.4 or afterward. Again, the Mac App Store does not offer older versions of the iLife apps." (or any other apps)
They then recommended to contact AppleCare.

I just got off the telephone with the german language AppleCare Heart.
In short, they we're stumped ("It's the offset time we hear nearly this"), they apologized and they will transport me an iLife '11 DVD for gratis. (I also was not charged for the "support incident".)

(As all of you probably know: The iLife 11 DVD contains Snow Leopard-compatible versions of iPhoto and iMovie, which I can manually update to the latest Snowfall Leopard-compatible version past downloading the updaters from Apple's Support section.)

Cheers for all your communication and I hope this info will help all other people who run into the aforementioned trouble.

The lesson I take learned:
"Apps can be re-downloaded at any times without additional costs."
NOT TRUE. Proceed BACKUPS OF YOUR Application FOLDER !

Yay! I'm glad they were able to help you! I had a like problem when iLife '08 came out and they send me a DVD for it (or was it a CD dorsum and so?).

I judge what the App Store said wasn't technically incorrect - y'all can redownload apps, assuming you system works with the latest version. That beingness said, though, making your own backups ensures you accept control over whether or not you take access to the awarding. Who knows? Apple tree could just brand iPhoto disappear at any time (though that's unlikely).

dZp, thanks for the Pacifist link. I had never heard of that! That might come in handy some day down the route.

My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.

Even if I could get my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.3): It would non work with ten.six.viii. The organization requirements conspicuously state that it needs 10.7.4.

The old version (v9.ii.3) that worked on Snowfall Leopard, is not bachelor anymore and the Mac App Store Back up is not able (or willing) to provide me with that item version.

Clone your difficult drive.

Update it to what yous want.

Then hand transfer?

Two issues with that link -
The link to that update was already provided above in mail service #viii.
Downloading the update is non helpful if the prerequisite of iPhoto 9.ane is non already installed.

If the OP (from more than three years agone) has not moved on yet, and did not have a backed upward installer for iLife '11, then the updater does no good at all.

1:The previous link did no good for me, information technology was a bad link.
2:I did not have any iphoto installed and this installed fine.
3:I was not posting for the OP, i was posting for anyone like me who has 10.half-dozen.8 and needs ilife.

Has anyone found a reliable source to download from?

Proffer:

Search out and download from an United nations-authorized source.

Sometimes ane must do, what 1 must do.

That is all...[/QUOTE

Ilife Download for Mac 10.6 8

Posted by: dyerwaryin.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments